Geodetic Settings are now part of the Database (DB) Setup and are stored in the Template DB.
Many users have multiple templates within a (Common) Project with different geodetic setups, because they need to modify the geodetic setup and save it under a different name to be able to use their vessel setup in a different geodetic setup.
Remove the geodetic settings from the Database Setup / Template DB and make the setup part of the project settings.
This will make it easier to:
- use a template DB (vessel / object setups) for other projects.
- Use other applications that only need the geodetic settings (PM.NET / DXF2QXF still used by Qastor)
- The geodetic settings will still be stored in the recorded databases (DB's)
- When the Geodetic Setup is part of the project settings -
- A default GNSS (Source) Ellipsoid should then be then be selectable in the Geodetic Setup - FQI-104.
- For the GNSS System the user should then select/set the GNSS correction source datum/ellipsoid (ETRS89 / ITRF2007 / ect) and QINSy should offer/set a transformation to the Default GNSS (Source) - FQI-50